Biodanza benefits and how to do it
Biodanza, also known asbiodanza or psychodance, is an integrative practice that aims to promote the feeling of well being through performing dance movements based on experiences, in addition this practice promotes non-verbal dialogue between participants, valuing the look and touch.
Biodanza involves dance and psychology and integrates the concepts of biology, psychology and anthropology, promoting a sense of well-being, relaxation, self-knowledge and creativity. Thus, biodance has been used to complement the treatment of some diseases, such as motor disability, anorexia, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.
Benefits of Biodanza
The benefits of biodance are related to the five lines of experience that are part of this practice and that are developed, which are:
- Vitality, which concerns the renewal of energy;
- Sexuality, which concerns the progressive and natural development of contact;
- Creativity, which corresponds to renewal and a feeling of rebirth;
- Affectivity, which concerns the renewal and stimulation of emotions;
- Transcendence, which is the integration between body and soul.
Thus, the main benefits of biodance are:
- Renewal of energies;
- Stimulation of emotions;
- Stimulation of creativity;
- Helps you relax, reducing anxiety and stress;
- Increased pleasure in living;
- Decreased shyness;
- Improves sleep quality;
- Promotes self-knowledge.
In addition, some studies have shown that biodance is also able to decrease acute pain in people with fibromyalgia. Thus, biodance can be applied in several situations, such as fibromyalgia, anorexia, bulimia, sensory and motor deficiencies, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.
How to practice
Biodanza should be done in a group so that people can have maximum benefits. This is because it is important that there is interaction and connections are established through looks and touch, which allows the person to be more uninhibited and to be able to relax and have a greater sense of self-knowledge.