Medicinal Properties of Cervejinha-do-campo
Cervejinha-do-campo, also known as liana or dye, is a medicinal plant known for its diuretic properties that help in the treatment of various diseases in the kidneys or liver.
In the preparation of teas, tinctures or concentrated extracts the roots of this medicinal plant are used, which can also be known by its scientific nameArrabidaea brachypoda.
What is Cervejinha-do-campo used for
This medicinal plant can be used to treat several problems such as:
- Increases urine production and helps treat fluid retention;
- Helps in the treatment of kidney problems;
- Assists in the treatment of problems in the urinary tract, such as urinary tract infection;
- Helps in the treatment of hypertension;
- Relieves pain, including joint pain or caused by kidney stones.
In addition, some studies also indicate that this plant has action against leishmaniasis, a disease that can be transmitted through the bite of an infected mosquito.
Properties of Cervejinha-do-campo
In general, the properties of Cervejinha-do-campo include a diuretic, depurative, anti-inflammatory action that helps in the treatment of hypertension.
How to use
Generally, the fresh roots of Cervejinha-do-campo are used to prepare homemade teas and concentrated extracts can also be found on the market.
Tea of Cervejinha-do-campo
The tea of this plant has a yellow color and produces some foam, and its appearance is similar to that of beer. To prepare this tea, the fresh roots of this plant are used and can be prepared as follows:
- Ingredients: 1 tablespoon of Cervejinha-do-campo root;
- Preparation: put the root of the plant in a pan with 1 liter of boiling water, letting the mixture boil for 10 minutes over medium heat. After that time, turn off the heat, cover and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Strain before drinking.
This tea should be drunk when there are symptoms, especially if there is fluid retention, pain or problems with the urinary tract.