Discover the benefits of Agripalma for the Heart
- What is Agripalma for?
- Agripalma Properties
- How to use Agripalma
- Side effects of Agripalma
- Contraindication of Agripalma
Agripalma is a medicinal plant, also known as Cardiac, Lion-ear, Lion-tail, Lion-tail or Macaron herb, widely used in the treatment of anxiety, heart problems and high blood pressure, due to its relaxing, hypotensive and cardiac tonic properties.
Agripalma's scientific name isLeonurus cardiac and it can be bought in health food stores, free vacations and some pharmacies in natural form, in capsules or in tincture to make dilutions in water.
The use of this plant can be useful to complement the treatment of people with heart problems and changes such as high blood pressure. However, its use does not exclude the need to take the medications indicated by the cardiologist, although it is a great complement to lower blood pressure.
What is Agripalma for?
Agripalma serves to help in the treatment of angina pectoris, palpitations, tachycardia, anxiety, insomnia, menstrual cramps, thyroid dysfunction and climacteric symptoms.
Agripalma's properties include its relaxing, tonic, carminative, uterine stimulant, hypotensive, antispasmodic and diaphoretic action.
How to use Agripalma
The parts used by Agripalma are its flowers, leaves and stem to make teas, tinctures and can also be found in drops in pharmacies and drugstores.
- Agripalma tea for anxiety: put 2 tablespoons (of coffee) of the dried herb in a cup of boiling water and let it stand for 5 minutes, then strain and drink a cup in the morning and a cup in the evening.
- Agripalma tincture for heart problems: Use 6 to 10 ml of agripalma tincture for a cup of water. Dilute the tincture in the cup with water and take it as a cardiac tonic 2 times a day.
Side effects of Agripalma
The use of Agripalma in high doses can cause changes in the menstrual cycle.
Contraindication of Agripalma
Agripalma should not be used by pregnant women and women in menstrual periods, as well as by patients who are treated with sedatives. In the case of heart disease, it is recommended to consult the cardiologist before starting to use Agripalma.
Check out other natural ways to improve heart health:
- Home remedy for the heart
9 medicinal plants for the heart