Tests to assess male and female fertility

    Infertility tests must be performed by both men and women, since changes that can interfere with reproductive capacity can happen in both. There are tests that must be performed by both, such as a blood test, for example, and others that are specific, such as a sperm test for men and hysterosalpingography for women.

    It is recommended that these tests be performed when the couple tries to get pregnant for more than 1 year but is unsuccessful. When the woman is over 35 years of age, it is indicated that the doctor should be consulted before the tests are performed.

    If even after 1 year of trying to have intercourse during the fertile period, the couple is still unable to conceive, they should go to the doctor to perform the tests mentioned above to investigate the cause of the problem and start treatment. Find out what are the main diseases that cause infertility in men and women.