Grape flour also protects the heart
Grape flour is made from grape seeds and skins, and brings benefits such as regulating the intestine due to its fiber content and preventing heart disease, as it has a high concentration of antioxidants.
This flour is easy to use and can be used in sweet or savory dishes, and can also be produced at home. Its main health benefits are:
- Prevent heart disease, as it is rich in antioxidants such as resveratrol;
- Improve the functioning of the intestine, by containing fibers;
- Improve circulation, as it reduces inflammation and the formation of atherosclerosis in blood vessels;
- Reduce cholesterol, as it contains flavonoids, which are powerful antioxidants;
- Reduce joint pain due to its high antioxidant content;
- Combat premature aging, as antioxidants maintain the health of skin cells;
- Prevent varicose veins, by activating blood circulation;
- Help control blood glucose, as it is rich in fiber.
Grape flour can also be found in the form of capsules, and its benefits are obtained by consuming 1 to 2 tablespoons of that flour per day. See how to make grape juice to prevent heart attack.
The following table provides nutritional information for 2 tablespoons of grape flour:
|Quantity: 20g (2 tablespoons of grape flour)|
Grape flour can be added in vitamins, fruit salads, cakes and juices, as shown in the following recipes.
How to do it at home
To make the flour at home, you must remove the skins and seeds from the grapes, wash it well and spread it out in a way so that they do not stay on top of each other, to facilitate drying. Then, the mold should be placed in a low oven for about 40 minutes or until the husks and seeds are well dried.
Finally, the dry seeds and shells should be beaten in a blender until the flour is obtained, which should be kept in a closed container, preferably inside the refrigerator to increase its durability. It is recommended that homemade flour be consumed between 2 and 3 weeks after its manufacture.
Grape Flour Dumpling Recipe
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup of grape flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
In a large container, mix the flours, oats, sugar, yeast, baking soda and salt. In another container, mix the milk, chopped apple, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until uniform. Place the dough in small greased pans and bring to the preheated phone at 180ºC for about 15 minutes or until the toothpick test indicates that the cookie has cooked.
Grape Flour Cookie Recipe
4 tablespoons of coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
½ cup of brown sugar or coconut tea
1 cup of grape flour tea
1 cup of whole wheat flour
½ cup of raisin tea
1 teaspoon baking powder
Beat the coconut oil, sugar and eggs. Add the flours and raisins, mixing well. Add the yeast and stir again. In a large greased pan, place the dough in the shape of round cookies. Take to bake in a preheated oven at 180º C for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Passion fruit flour can also be used to lose weight and prevent disease, see its benefits and how to use it.